Saturday, June 27, 2009

Jinnan Open House

Last Saturday Mia's elementary school had an open house. The kids had a regular school day schedule. Prospective students and parents were invited to view. Here's her teacher Ayuzawa sensei.



It was such a joy to see Mia in class. She raised her hand, answered questions, and participated fully .



I love this picture. The two kids sitting behind her are good friends of hers, Rei-kun and Maiah-chan.



Her class has 36 students. They all sit in their chairs, and behave. Only in Japan.



I also enjoyed watching Mia do her writing assignment.



Mia and her neighbor Masanobu, rehearsing a dialogue. Masanobu and Mia met on their soccer team. Little did we know they would be in 1st grade together.



I know that I would be proud to see Mia in any school, but to see her fully engaged in her Japanese school totally blew me away. It brought tears to my eyes and made me smile from ear to ear. I remember her first day of Japanese school. I picked her up and she was white as a sheet and feeling pretty downhearted. My how things have changed!

No comments: