Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Rhetto-kun's first day of school!



Rhett started kindergarden today at Matsumura Youchien. He was so thrilled to put on his uniform this morning. Mia was very proud of her little brother!



We've been practicing toilet training, putting on shoes, buttoning coats, eating from an obento box, all those good kindergarten skills...as well as practicing our few stock Japanese phrases. Rhett went to school wearing his underwear--no diaper-- and didn't have any mishaps! WOW! Our little boy really is growing up!



Today when I left Rhett at school he had tears welling up in his eyes, but he told me he was "okay". I picked him up and he had a smile on his face. He told me that his teacher Sumiko sensei was "good". He still wants to go to school tomorrow, so I'm thankful for that.

Way to go Rhetto-kun! Anata wa oo-ki desu ne?

No comments: