Monday, June 1, 2009

Painting the town red, in Beijing

Some of our favorite time in China was spent with Aaron's Amazon.com co-workers. We all went out to an incredible lunch. It was so fun to eat foods that I had never even heard of before. This was not the typical Panda Express fare that I'm used to in the states. Here you can see the biggest egg foo yung in the world, on top a pile of greens. Also egg and chive crepes, and a wild pasta. The pasta was whole grain large macaroni, with greens, and potato chips mixed in. Talk about strange. Aaron, my chip-loving cowboy, savored this dish.

In the background you can see a plate of roasted pigs feet. Aaron & I declined this one, but it was the local favorite dish. Just pop a pig knuckle in your mouth, and spit out the bone on the table. Voila! You're ready for another one! I also had the spiciest tofu ever, I actually think I burned my stomach lining with this dish...



Mia loved wearing her Chinese dress that Aaron bought her. She and Hong-ye (the main lawyer that Aaron works with) enjoyed a little down time with the crayolas.



Here's us with the legal group. Such a cool bunch. They all kept after Rhett while he was climbing in and out of his high chair.



Another evening went to see a Chinese acrobat group. It was phenomenal and Mia was so happy to get a picture with one of the performers.



More good times in Beijing...

No comments: